Welcome to SPECIAL!
- SPECIAL Links
- ESF: European Science Foundation
- ESF: The Mission of SPECIAL
- SPECIAL: Catalogue of Links to the Members' Institutes
- SPECIAL: Bibliography - references to important works related to SPECIAL.
- SPECIAL: Workshop 2003, Frankfurt/Main, Germany, February 2003:
- SPECIAL: Workshop 2002, Cambridge, U.K., January 2002:
- SPECIAL: Workshop 2000, Katlenburg-Lindau, Germany, November 2000:
- SPECIAL continues: Despite the fact that the funding through the ESF
has ended, the SPECIAL Network, which was very successful, will
continue in the future. All participants of SPECIAL wish to thank
the ESF for the great support received in the past years and for
making SPECIAL possible in first place. Thank you!
European Solar Terrestrial and Atmospheric Research Programme
The ESF Network SPECIAL will propose a larger EUROCORES programme
towards a comprehensive, physics-based understanding of space weather
and solar forcing on the climate system. This interdisciplinary
project includes the scientific expertise from the SPECIAL, space
physics, climate modeling, and the information technology community.
Scientists who are interested in the programme and may plan to
submit proposals for personnel, experiments, data analysis,
theoretical modeling, and/or infrastructure in the E-STAR
framework programme are invited to participate. For more
information contact Martin Füllekrug, Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
- Reports and Contributions
- Lastovicka, J., Report
on the visit of the high-altitude Cosmostation near Almaty,
Kazachstan, received 2002-09-11.
- Access Statistics
of the SPECIAL WWW Service are available now, received
- Rycroft, M. J., Summary of activities of the ESF SPECIAL Scientific
Network, received 2000-10-11.
- Lastovicka, J., Report on Session C2.1
"Ozone Variations of Solar Origin" held at the 33rd
Scientific Assembly of COSPAR 2000, received 2000-07-31.
- SWEN Newsletter, Report on Session ST19
"Space Weather" held at the XXV General Assembly of
the European Geophysical Society 2000, received 2000-05-15.
- Füllekrug, M., Status update,
- Makarova L.N. and A.V. Shirochkov, A new approach to the
global electric circuit conception, received
2000-02-11, PDF file.
- Related Topics
- Coupling of Atmospheric Layers, a
European Commission Research Training Network (7 Research Positions
- COST-271 Action on "Effects
of the Upper Atmosphere on Terrestrial and Earth-Space Communications."
- ESA Space Weather Programme,
WDC, RAL, UK.
- Sodankylä Ion Chemistry (SIC) Model: Modelling
the chemistry of the lower ionosphere.
- Chemical Aeronomy
in the Mesosphere and Ozone in the Stratosphere (CHAMOS)
- WWW Resources
- The Space Environment
Information System (SPENVIS), Belgium.
- Survey of ELF and
VLF Experiments in the Magnetosphere (SEVEM), Belgium.
- Space Data Access System
(SADS), CNES, France.
- NRL Plasma Formulary,
downloadable as PostScript, PDF, or TeX.
Please visit also the WWW pages of the Sodankylä Geophysical Observatory,
Sodankylä, Finland, which kindly hosts the SPECIAL pages as well as
the SPECIAL mailing list.
WWW pages seem to be always "under construction." Your
constructive criticism is needed for this one. Please feel free to send
your comments anytime to the WWW Editor. Thank you for your co-operation.